Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Daily Thoughts 07/22/2015

Julie Writing - Berthe Morisot
Julie Writing, Berthe Morisot, 1884

Daily Thoughts 07/22/2015

I checked the Twitter and Facebook for the library.

I rested on the way to work.

I checked the displays and the gift books this morning.  I also spent some time working with the 700s.

I did a little work with schedule in the afternoon.

We now have a new logo for the library.  They gave us a pin with the symbol.  I am also wearing a button which says Ask Me About Hoopla.  In addition, I have a lanyard with a name tag with my department on it.

The art books from the Distribution to Underserved Communities library program came in for me to add to the collection. http://www.ducprogram.org/index.php

I am looking at a book by Tovah Martin called The Indestructible Houseplant 200 Beautiful Plants That Everyone Can Grow.   I placed a hold on the book, The Economics of Inequality by Thomas Piketty and Arthur Goldhammer.

On the way home, I read some more of Future Crimes.  I am reading about how location data can expose you to criminal activity like burglary.

I also read some more of Blueprint for Your Library Marketing Plan.  I am reading about different characteristics of service like the service being provided is inseparable from the people providing the service.



Web Bits


Who Should Be the Next Librarian of Congress?

Nationwide Grants Give Groups Chance to Learn Latino Culture, History

Libraries Without Walls:When Students Become the Core Design Consideration

No comments: