Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Daily Thoughts 07/01/2015

File:Basho by Hokusai-small.jpg

Portrait of Matsuo Basho by Hokusai, 18-19th Century
 
Daily Thoughts 07/01/2015

I checked the Twitter and Facebook for the library.

I read some more of The Mindful Way Through Stress.  I am reading about walking meditation.

On the way to work, I finished reading the book that went along with the DVD for National Geographic Fundamentals of Photography.

I checked the displays and the gift books.  I spent some time putting together a display for summer reading near the circulation desk.

I also spent some time working on flyers for programs as well as scheduling for the rest of July and the beginning of August.

A colleague may apply for a mini grant for the Crochet Class in September.

I checked out the book,  Dead Wake,The Last Crossing of the Lusitania by Erik Larson.  The book club is discussing it on July 23, 2015 from 1:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.

I also checked out the book, Inequality What Can Be Done by Anthony B. Atkins. 

There was an evening program, Lowes Moore discussed his life a bit and signed his book, Lowes Moore Chronicles Life on the Narrow Road from the Boys and Girls Club to the NBA.  The discussion was focused on the Mount Vernon Boys and Girls Club, basketball, and leading a straight and narrow life.  I bought a copy of the book to read.

There was a slightly different pattern for the training classes.  Tonight, there was staff training for Hoopla from 5:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.   The Intermediate Excel Class was from 6:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.

Web Bits


A Library That Plummets Into an Abyss by Susanna Hasselberg for Sculpture by the Sea

Artist Turns 24 Volume Encyclopedia Britannica Set Into a Beautifully Carved Landscape

Charles Simic In the Library

Forged Lives

Knight Foundation Announces Plan for Second Knight News Challenge Focsued on Library Innovation
We applied for the first Knight Foundation grant.

The New New York Public Library


No comments: