Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Daily Thoughts 06/30/2015

Pencils from the Mackey Print Paper Company, 1897.jpg

A bouquet of pencils from the Mackey Print Paper Company of Pittsburgh, 1897
Daily Thoughts 06/30/2015

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I finished watching Fundamentals of Photography with National Geographer photographer Joel Sartore.  It was interesting to watch.  The final part was on editing, organizing, and telling stories with photographs.   There is a booklet that comes with the dvds which I am going to finish reading.
Joel Sartore photographed the book, Rare: Portrait of America's Endangered Species.

I spent some time reading comics on Hoopla.  I read Penguins of Madagascar, #4 by Titan Comics.  I really like the humor.  I also read Star Trek Countdown to Darkness published by IDW publishing.  This was a fun thing to do.  I started watching the Brain Fitness put out by PBS.  It was interesting.  The service is very easy to use.

I went out and bought a digital camera today, a Nikon L830.  I also bought a32GB memory card and a lightweight carrying case.  It is just something to take some family pictures and a few other pictures here and there.

I spent a little more time doing exercises in the book, Digital Photo Editing with Picasa for Seniors.

Web Bits

This website has a number of articles about real estate development and libraries in Brooklyn and Manhattan.
http://noticingnewyork.blogspot.com/


Could Cyberwar Cause a Library of Alexandria Event

By the Numbers

No comments: