Monday, June 22, 2015

Daily Thoughts 06/22/2015

File:Lilla Cabot Perry - The cup of knowledge.jpg
The Cup of Knowledge,  Lilla Cabot  Perry, circa 1905

Daily Thoughts 06/22/2015


I checked the library Twitter and Facebook.

I also put in an order for new books.

I read some more of Data and Goliath on the way to work.  I am reading about how to protect yourself online.

The representative from Davidson Titles came in today. http://www.davidsontitles.com/   I spent some time looking over a variety of titles.  I got to see a lot of books that were not reviewed in the major review journals like Booklist, Library Journal, and Publishers Weekly.  I bought books in the computer, arts and crafts, art, history, home repair, and other categories which I would have not seen elsewhere.  It is a nice way to freshen up the collection.

I have a volunteer who is coming in to help with the public computers in the afternoon.

I spent some time working on a schedule for computer classes for July and August.

We are working on making sure everything is ready for the Adult Summer Reading program.  There are some tickets being designed for a raffle as well as tickets for a final concert for the Adult Summer Reading.

I finished reading Data and Goliath  The Hidden Battles to Collect Your Data Control Your World by Bruce Schneier on the way home.  If you want to understand why you should think about privacy and surveillance this book is a very solid read.


Web Bits




Earth Platinum: World's Largest Book On Display at State Library of NSW
Towards the Post-Privacy Library?

No comments: