Thursday, June 4, 2015

Daily Thoughts 06/04/2015

Diabolo, Roger de La Fresnaye, 1914

Daily Thoughts 06/04/2015

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook.

I read some more of Evening's Empires on the way to work.  So far, it is a classic chase and revenge novel with the main character escaping from the bad guys then seeking ways to get back at them in a space opera setting.

I picked up a copy of Batman Earth One volume One, the graphic novel.  I am reading it for the first meeting of the Graphic Novels Club on June 11 from 3:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m..  It is a retelling of the batman story.

I checked the displays and the gift books.  There is a display by a colleague for African American Music Appreciation Month which is June done by a colleague.

I spent some more time looking through the 170s.  I also spent some more time looking up grants on Grantstation.  I pulled out a few listings for children's library grants.

I wrote the monthly report today with a description of the last months activities.  I spent some time discussing the Adult Summer Reading program which is coming up soon.

I have to do a little desk clearning right now.
I spent some time discussing programming related to gardening with a colleague.



Web Bits



Sean McIntyre Wins Seat on Mount Vernon Public Library Board

Celebrate Library Card Signup Month With Snoopy

No comments: