Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Daily Thoughts 06/03/2015


Book of doves - Nicholas Roerich


The Book of Doves, Nicolas Roerich, 1922


Daily Thoughts 06/03/2015



I checked the Twitter and Facebook for the library this morning.



On the way to work, I finished reading The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot.  The book is well researched.  There is a section of photographs in the center, a timeline, notes on content, acknowledgements, and an index.  This makes the books content seem to be accurate.



I started reading, Evening's Empires by Paul McAuley.  I like how he uses names for his characters.  Gajananvihari Pilot is the name of the main character.



I checked the gift books and the displays this morning.


I spent some time checking philosophy books.


I also worked a little bit on preparing for next weeks book order.  I placed the book, The Last Bookaneer by Matthew Pearl on hold.  It is about an attempt to steal Robert Louis Stevenson's last manuscript.


I have a thank you letter to write and a short piece for the newsletter to write.



Web Bits



Stop Starving Our Libraries

No comments: