Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Daily Thoughts 06/09/2015

Reading - Nicolae Vermont
Reading, Nicolae Vermont, 1919

Daily Thoughts 06/09/2015

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I read some more of Beyond Our Future In Space.   Chris Impey is writing about space planes like the X-15 and X-37.  He also describes a little bit about the space shuttle.

I read the latest copy of the New York Times Book Review.  I also did some updating for the e-vanced page for Adult Summer Reading.  The name of the program is Escape the Ordinary.

I checked the gift books and the displays.  I also sent out a few Constant Contact messages.

The Crochet class is today from 2:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.

I read a copy of the New York Review of Books and the Times Literary Supplement. I did a little work on next weeks order of new books.  The book, The Last Bookaneer by Matthew Pearl came in for me to read.

On the way home, I read some more of Beyond Our Future in Space by Chris Impey.  I am reading about the modern space entrepreneurs, Richard Branson of Virgin Galactic, Elon Musk of Space X, Jeff Bezos of Blue Origin, Burt Rutan of Scaled Composites, Robert Bigelow of Bigelow Aerospace, Robert Diamandis of the X Prize, and Bill Stone of Shackleton Energy Co.

Web Bits



NYC Libraries Use Big Name Writers to Pitch for More Funding

Library Has Site Stuff: Coding Classes at New York Public Library Draws Thousands: and 73% of the Students are Women

No comments: