Monday, June 15, 2015

Daily Thoughts 06/15/2015

File:A man with corals, shells, flowers, and a book. Oil painting Wellcome V0017687.jpg
A man with corals, shells, flowers, and a book. Oil painting. 17th century

Daily Thoughts 06/15/2015

I checked the Twitter and Facebook for the library.

I spent some time checking the 100s.  I also am working on a new schedule for the public computers and computer lab.  Hopefully, it should work.

I checked the gift books and the displays.  I read the latest New York Times Book Review.  I also worked a bit on orders.

I placed several copies of Brian Michael Bendis, the Avengers Trade Paperback  which is a compilation of issues #1-6 on old for the Graphic Novels club.  The Avengers are a popular superhero comic at our library.

I checked out the book, Data and Goliath by Bruce Schneier which is about both corporate and government surveillance. I read some of it on the way home.  It is describing how data is a byproduct or computerization.  The more computers there are the more data is available to collect.   As more sensors for computers are put into the environment, there is less privacy and more surveillance.  This surveillance comes from both private sector and government which increasingly work toghether.


Web Bits

A Rare Look at Shakespeare's First Edition at DC's Folger Library
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/rare-shakespeares-edition-dcs-folger-library/story?id=31756897

Beatles Exhibit Opens at LBJ Library
http://kxan.com/2015/06/13/the-beatles-exhibit-opens-at-lbj-library/


No comments: