Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Daily Thoughts 02/28/2018

File:Elias Martin - Reading Lesson at a Dame School.jpg
Reading Lesson at Dame School, Elias Martin, (1739–1818)

Daily Thoughts 02/28/2018

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I read some more of How Organizations Develop Activists this morning on the way to work.  The activism in this book is focused on volunteers.  It writes about the importance of giving step by step processes of engagement and leadership roles to volunteers.

I checked the gift books and the displays this morning.

I also worked on some shifting in the 900s.  I spent some time checking the oversize books.  I also looked at some books which needed mending.

I spent some time checking on database subscriptions this afternoon.

I read the latest copy of the New York Times Book Review.  I am also looking at the general exterior signage considerations in the Checklist of  Library Building Design Considerations, 6th Edition  by William W. Sannwald.

I read through December and January issues of Publishers Weekly.  I also read a copy of Booklist.  I have the latest Ingram Advance to go through as well.

There is an Introduction to HTML 5 and CSS 3 class today in the computer lab from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.

On the way home, I read some more of How Organizations Develop Activists.  In this study there are three focuses for activism, online activism, real world activism, and leadership development.

I checked out the book, Dawn of the New Everything Encounters With Reality and Virtual Reality by Jaron Lanier.  I enjoy Jaron Lanier's writing.  This is his autobiography.  It is quite eccentric.  The details are wonderful.  He designs and builds a dome house at age 13 with the help of his father and he raises goats to pay for college.  The book has an eclectic counter culture and radical technology feel to it.



Web Bits


Celebrate Library Lovers' Month With Books About Libraries and the Written Word

Library Digitization Project Puts Abolitionist History Into Students' Hands

After Horrible Violence, A Community Library Searches for Peace

No comments: