Thursday, March 1, 2018

Daily Thoughts 03/01/2018


The Poetry Cottage, Lin Shu, 1914

Daily Thoughts 03/01/2018

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I read some more of How Organizations Develop Activists on the way to work.  I am reading about how outside pressures often force organizations to build leadership or mobilize.

I also read a little bit more of The Dawn of the New Everything.  I am reading about the history of early computer graphics.

I checked the displays and the gift books.

I spent some time working on shifting the 900s with a colleague.

I also am putting together my order for new books this week. I looked through the March copy of Bookpage today.

I spent some time looking over some items that were listed as not being in the system.

I am learning about Overdrive Advantage Plus which is a new version of Overdrive.

I talked to the Women's Enterprise Development Center about doing a Social Entrepreneurship class at the Mount Vernon Public Library in July.  We are also looking at the Cornell Extension Center Master Gardener Program for a gardening program in June at the library.

Last night, I spent a little time reading through the NYLA New York Library Law Handbook.
https://www.nyla.org/images/nyla/files/Public_Library_Law.pdf

There is a Beginning Internet Class in the Computer Lab tonight from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.

I checked out the book, Treating People Well, The Extraordinary Power of Civility At Work And In Life by Lea Berman and Jeremy Bernard.



Web Bits


An Unquiet Realization About Libraries

No comments: