Saturday, March 31, 2018

Daily Thoughts 03/31/2018

Memories - William Merritt Chase
Memories, William Merritt Chase, 1910

Daily Thoughts 03/31/2018

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I read some more of The Common Good.  I am reading about civic virtues and how easy it is to break them.

I also read some more of Enlightenment Now.  I am reading about the environment and climate change.  Steven Pinker is making arguments that as people have more they become more aware about the environment.  He is arguing for more investment in a carbon tax, afforestation, and investment in fourth generation nuclear power plants.

The YMCA is across the street from the library.


Developers Seek to Buy Mount Vernon YMCA for South Side Arts District

I spent a little time working on the grant for the 2018 Mount Vernon Arts Initiative.

I started the process of applying for the Great American Read on PBS.
https://apply.ala.org/GreatAmericanRead/guidelines

Web Bits

Residents Lobby Around New Rochelle Library

Library of Congress Celebrates 80th Anniversary of Superman
                                          

No comments: