Thursday, March 8, 2018

Daily Thoughts 03/08/2018


File:Maching Reading Robot Auto-Text to Knowledge.jpg
Machine Reading Robot, Auto-Text to Knowledge, DARPA, 30 August 2010

Daily Thoughts 03/08/2018

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

On the way to work, I read some more of Treating People Well.  I am reading about the importance of consistency.  There is a reminder that one needs to practice for 10,000 to master many fields.

I checked the displays and the gift books this morning.

I also checked the oversize books.  They are shifting in the stacks to even out the shelves.  We are planning on working with the weeding tablets soon.  We are going to look for items that are missing or lost for an extended period of time and remove them from the catalog.

I spent some time looking through Library Journal, the latest New York Times Book Review, and the New York Review of Books.  I am starting to work on my order for new books next week.

I have been reading the Strategic Plan for the Mount Vernon Public Library.  I am writing a report describing how my work fits in with the strategic plan.  I have to present on this for the March 20, 2018 board meeting.  I added some pictures.

The Ozobots classroom kit came in today for the Lets Build Robots program.  A colleague is looking over the Ozobots right now.

I worked a little bit on programming today.

There is a Microsoft Powerpoint 2013 class tonight from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. in the computer lab tonight.

Web Bits


Inwood library redevelopment will create 175 affordable apartments

Atlantic City library teams with barbers to promote literacy

Provenance Through Book Plates or Book Labels

No comments: