Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Daily Thoughts 07/24/2019


Title: Main Reading Room. View of statue of Science by John Donoghue on the column entablature between two alcoves. Library of Congress Thomas Jefferson Building, Washington, D.C. Physical description: 1 photograph : digital, TIFF file, color. Notes: Gift; Carol M. Highsmith 2011

Daily Thoughts 07/24/2019

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I finished reading The Climate Report The National Climate Assessment Impacts, Risks, and Adaptations in the United States.  This report explains what happens during climate change.  It changes it from an abstract idea to a description of how people are affected by the climate.  It details things like heatwaves, forest fires, coastal flooding, hurricanes, and other problems caused by changes in temperature.  It gave me a better understanding of the meaning of climate change over the long term.

I also read some more of Life After Google.  I am reading about Markov chains and algorithms which are used in stock trading.

I checked the displays this morning.

I checked some of the books in the mezzanine.

I planned on some adult programming for next month.

I also worked on the monthly schedule in ADP.

I spent some time working on putting together a description for some software we plan to purchase.

One of my colleagues did a candle making workshop.

Web Bits


Our Favorite Fictional Librarians Ranked

Syrian Secret Library Spins Tales of Hope In Chaos

Speeding and Other Fines Pay for Library Books

No comments: