Thursday, July 25, 2019

Daily Thoughts 07/25/2019

A Modern Idyll.png

Illustration for the poem "A Modern Idyll" in Once a Week magazine, Volume 9, page 322. The scene is set on a down near the sea; a young man is reclining, surrounded by five young women sitting. He is reading The Idylls of the King aloud. Charles Green, 1863

Daily Thoughts 07/25/2019

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I read some more of Life After Google, the Fall of Big Data and the Rise of the Block Chain Economy.  I am reading about artificial intelligence and the concept of an intelligence explosion where machines become smarter than humans.

I checked the displays and the gift books this morning.

I looked through some fiction books from the mezzanine.

I spent some time discussing computer classes and budgets.

I am thinking about watching a webinar on library card sign up month.

We are going to do pumpkin candles for Halloween in October.

I spoke to a mystery writer today, Richie Narvaez who has a book out called Hipster Death Rattle.  We are planning a reading in November.

I looked through the Programming Librarian website.
http://programminglibrarian.org/node/338

I also looked through the Time and Date Calendar which lists lots of American holidays.
https://www.timeanddate.com/holidays/us/

There is an Introduction to Microsoft Publisher 2013 class tonight from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.

Web Bits


ALA Fund Libraries Page

August Is For Advocacy

Redwood City Library to Make Robot Deliveries

Measuring Civic Impact a Theme of Knight Public Spaces Forum

No comments: