Saturday, June 13, 2020

Daily Thoughts 06/13/2020


The Library from "Poetical Sketches of Scarborough", 1813, Thomas Rowlandson

Daily Thoughts 06/13/2020

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook Group this morning.  I also checked my LinkedIn page.

I finished reading Braiding Sweetgrass by Robin Wall Kimmerer.  It was a mix of stories and essays focus on ecology and the Native American tradition.  The author is a botanist and spends a lot of time talking about peoples relationship with plants and the natural world.  I very much enjoyed reading the book.  It would be of interest to people interest in botany and ecology.  The author successfully ties her spiritual and tribal traditions with science.

Web Bits



Reading For Change: Booklist-Recommended Antiracism Titles for All Ages

Pay Attention to Attention

9 People You Might Not Know Were Librarians

Library Staff Prepared to Help You Complete Census at Branches

No comments: