Monday, June 15, 2020

Daily Thoughts 06/15/2020

File:Interior work - construction of the main reading room (NYPL b11524053-489664).tiff
Interior Work: Construction of the Main Reading Room, NYPL, 1907

Daily Thoughts 06/15/2020

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook Group this morning.

I ordered some new books today.

I spent a little time working on construction grants.  People are working on the inside of the building fixing the water damage to the building.

I looked up some information for the census today.

I read a few poems on Zoom today.

I also started watching Episode 1 of Chemistry and Our Universe on Kanopy.

I started reading Laguardia which is science fiction graphic novel written by Nnedi Okorafor.

I am following the Library Trustee Election very closely.  It looks like there will be some contested issues coming up.
https://www.lohud.com/story/news/politics/elections/2020/06/15/election-2020-westchester-county/3188227001/

Web Bits



Being Undercounted in the US Census Costs Minority Communities Millions of Dollars

The Internet Archive has Ended Its “Emergency Library” Early


No comments: