Saturday, May 10, 2008

Thoughts For Today

Tomorrow is Mothers Day. Happy Mothers Day. Don't forget to get a card and possibly some flowers.

This morning, I added two people to my Facebook account that were mentioned yesterday at the conference, Gerry McKiernan, and Free Range Librarian.

Today has been pretty slow. I am going to go pickup a few books which I reserved at my local library in a little bit.

I am resting after quite a long week.

I went to my local library and sat for a little while using the computers. I heard something rather amazing. The first twenty pages for printouts are free. We charge a flat rate of 10 cents per page where we work.

I did a little bit of looking at blogs and fooling around with Entrecard. I also took a look at the magazines section. The periodicals person had asked me which comics we want to purchase. At my local library we have Action Comics (Superman), Batman, The Ultimate Spiderman, The Ultimate X-Men, and Wolverine. For manga there is Shonen Jump and Shojo Beat. I am going to suggest Action Comics, Batman, The Ultimate Spiderman, and The Ultimate X-Men. I might also suggest Shonen Jump.

I picked up a book on reserve which I am going to read from my local library. The Complete Idiot's Guide to Socially Responsible Investing Put Your Money Where Your Values Are by Ken Little, it is a new book, c2008, Alpha, an imprint of Penguin USA

I also think I will probably pick up a book on haiku so I can try my hand at writing a few haiku poems.

No comments: