Saturday, June 13, 2009

Daily Thoughts 6/13/2009

The card catalog in the nave of Sterling Memorial Library at Yale University. Picture by Henry Trotter, 2005. Are you feeling a little old fashioned today?

Daily Thoughts 6/13/2009


I finished reading Fundamentals of Technical Service Management by Sheila S. Intner with Peggy Johnson. It was a solid overview of managing a technical services department. The book was very much at the introductory level. I thought the section on metadata was kind of interesting even thought I am not a cataloger.

I went to my local library for a bit and dropped off my books. I did not find anything I wanted to bring home to read this time. I did spend a little bit of time on the computers checking my email. It was a nice walk up the hill.

Right now, I am reading Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. I am finding the book to be rather silly and entertaining at the same time. The main character, Elizabeth is both a proper lady and a zombie killing martial artist who spends time cleaning her musket. There are balls, tea, dinner parties, zombie mayhem, and sword fights. Of course there is also a touch of Victorian romance as well. What is surprising about the book is that much of the original content is still intact.


No comments: