Monday, September 14, 2009

Daily Thoughts 9/14/2009

Geoffrey Chaucer. 19th century image. From The Illustrated Magazine of Art. 1:1 (ca. 1853)


Daily Thoughts 9/14/2009

Today was a slow day. I read some of Free The Future of A Radical Price by Chris Anderson. The book went into why digital material is becoming cheaper and cheaper. It describes how bits are becoming cheaper to store and create constantly, while atoms; things in the real world tend to maintain their expense. The world of ideas tends to build on itself where older ideas become free and newer ideas start out expensive but decrease in value over time. This reminds me a little bit of the idea of copyright. Chris Anderson also explains Moore's Law which says the power of computers doubles every year. It is well worth reading this book just for these ideas.

I also watched some of Monty Python and The Holy Grail today. It is nice seeing something to lighten up my evening. I especially like Monty Python's singing routines. I did not do that much today except for rest and relax.

No comments: