Saturday, September 5, 2009

Daily Thoughts 9/5/2009

James Thurber, American Writer



Daily Thoughts 9/5/2009


Today is Labor Day weekend both my work library and my local library are closed. It is nice to have a holiday in honor of labor plus it gives me a chance to relax and unwind free from library time for a while. I sometimes think "library time" has a different character to it like "bookstore time" where things flow a little differently from the rest of the world.

I am reading Laurie R. King, The Language of Bees. It is a novel featuring Sherlock Holmes in his later years. It is very different from Arthur Conan Doyle. Sherlock Holmes is semi-retired and tends to his bees, he also has a younger companion Mary Russell. Apparently, he also has a son, Damian who is an eccentric artist. It is quite odd to think of Sherlock Holmes with a son.

No comments: