Thursday, May 5, 2011

Daily Thoughts 5/5/2011 (poetry)

Peter Schöffer (1425-1503) Bookseller from Germany

Daily Thoughts 5/5/2011

This morning, I updated the Twitter account, I also checked the displays.  I am learning a little bit more about setting up poetry readings.  I redesigned the sign in sheet, got a bell for timing people, and made some minor changes in how things are arranged based on the requests of people who attended.  I am hoping it will go well this time.

This evening the Poetry Networking Event went well.  We had Sistah Sassy talking about Memoirs and Magic.  We also had a brief session afterward with an open microphone where people read their poems.  This time it was a little smoother.  We are planning on writing poems about summer for next time.  The group is interested in possibly going to the nursing homes to read to the aged.

No comments: