Friday, May 3, 2013

Daily Thoughts 05/03/2013

Halonnen, Pekka, Children Reading, 1916

Daily Thoughts 05/03/2013

This morning, I checked the Twitter and Facebook for the library.  I also checked the displays.  The Friends of the Mount Vernon Public Library Book and Bake Sale is today 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m..  I had a piece of cake and bought two graphic novels, Kabuki Circle of Blood by David Mack, and V for Vendetta by Alan Moore and David Lloyd.

I spent a little time working on making sure the computer classes for Excel and Powerpoint are promoted.  I also spent some time weeding in the 900s.  I also spent a bit more time working on displays for National Inventors Month which is this month.

The book, Floating to Space: The Airship to Orbit Program by John M. Powell came in for me to read.  I had tried previously to get it through interlibrary loan before.  I am a bit surprised it came this time.

I am going to the Library Journal Day of Dialog on May 28, 2013.  I am looking forward to doing this.  I try and do this every time that Book Expo America is coming to New York.

Web Bits

O'reilly Ends Its Tools of Chang Conference
http://www.publishersweekly.com/pw/by-topic/digital/conferences/article/57071-o-reilly-ends-toc-conference.html

No comments: