Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Daily Thoughts 05/22/2013

Nikolai Petrovich Bogdanov-Belsky (Russian painter, 1868-1945) Reading in the Garden 1915

Daily Thoughts 05/22/2013

This morning, I checked the Twitter and Facebook for the library.  I also read a bit more of Give and Take on the train to work.   I spent some time reading different review magazines today.

I also took a look at some of the different exhibitor booths I will be visiting at Book Expo America. Companies like Overdrive, MacMillan, Hachette, Netgalley, O'reilly media, Penguin Media, and others.

I have the schedule for the 2013 Library Journal Day of Dialog
http://lj.libraryjournal.com/dayofdialog/schedule/

I have to work on Friday so i won't be going to the whole conference.

On Thursday, May 30, I am hoping that I will get a chance to go the AAP Annual Librarians Book Buzz from 2:15 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.I did not register for the library dinners or lunches.  I'll probably be picking up some samples and other knick knacks to use for the Adult Summer Reading Program.   I also am planning to visit the digital zone to ask some questions about things like publishing templates and collaborative publishing.

I am looking at Big Data A Revolution That Will Transform How We Live, Work, and Think by Viktor Mayer-Schonberger and Kenneth Cukier.

I spent a little time looking at the White Plains Public Library website.  They use Wordpress and manage the wordpress with a content management system called Pagelines.

No comments: