Thursday, May 9, 2013

Daily Thoughts 05/09/2013

Emperor Nicholas I's Visit to the Public Library. 1853

Daily Thoughts 05/09/2013

This morning, I read some more of Mission to Mars.  I am reading about space commercialization.  There is a bit about Virgin Galactic, Space X, and Bigelow Aerospace which are all interesting companies.

I checked the Facebook and Twitter for the library last night.  I also spent some time discussing the Adult Summer Reading program.

This afternoon, I spent some time checking the 900s.  The computer lab was open between 2:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m.

We also have computer classes on Thursday evening.  There was a class in Microsoft Excel and a class in Microsoft Powerpoint tonight.

On the way home, I read some more of Mission to Mars.  I am reading about Phobos and Deimos the moons of Mars as waypoints for Martian exploratory expeditions.

Web Bits

Ebooks, Libraries, and Democracy
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/01/opinion/e-books-libraries-and-democracy.html?_r=1&#commentsContainer




No comments: