Thursday, September 5, 2013

Daily Thoughts 09/05/2013

Viennese Domestic Garden, Erasmus Engert, Between 1828 and 1830

Daily Thoughts 09/05/2013

I finished reading Night Film last night. I rather liked how Marissa Pessl creates rational arguments for the inexplicable at the end of the book. It is very entertaining. I enjoyed reading the book.

This morning, I checked the displays and updated the Facebook and Twitter for the library. We are having our first Computer Basics for Seniors Class this morning from 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. A colleague is teaching it. I hired a computer lab assistant yesterday. I think it will work well.

I have been reading through review journals.  There is a new book called Kansas City Lightning: the Rise and  Times of Charlie Parker by Stanley Crouch.  I think it should be very interesting reading.

I put the book, The Thicket by Joe R. Lansdale on hold.  I like Joe Lansdale.  This should be interesting because it is a western set in the turn of the twentieth century oil boom.

The Computer Lab is open from 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. today.  There is also a session for learning Microsoft Excel tonight.

In addition, there is a Special Meeting of the Mount Vernon Public Library Board of Trustees at 6:30 p.m. in the Trustees room.

Things have been very busy lately.

Web Bits

Start Ups Take Library Jobs Reinventing Libraries Eric Hellman
http://lj.libraryjournal.com/2013/09/future-of-libraries/start-ups-take-library-jobs-reinventing-libraries/

RH Children's To Public Seuss Classics as E-Books
http://www.publishersweekly.com/pw/by-topic/childrens/childrens-book-news/article/58983-rh-children-s-to-publish-seuss-classics-as-e-books.html











No comments: