Friday, September 20, 2013

Daily Thoughts 09/20/2013

Daily Thoughts 09/20/2013

In the Cabinet des Estampes (Bibliothèque Nationale), 1897

This morning, I read some more of Professor Borges. I like how he describes different important figures in English literature, he includes a historical background, a bit about their personality, and a bit about their writings. I especially like his description of the relationship between James Boswell and Samuel Johnson.

This morning, I checked the Twitter and Facebook for the library. I also checked the displays. We had a management meeting this morning. I showed off a few things about the Kindle Fire. Specifically, three services: Overdrive for Ebooks, Freegal for music, and OneClickDigital for Electronic Audiobooks. The meeting went well.

The computer lab is open today from 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m..

I spent a little time weeding in the oversize books. I also did a little preparation for programming.

No comments: