Friday, September 13, 2013

Daily Thoughts 09/13/2013

The Green Dress, John Singer Sargent, 1912

Daily Thoughts 09/13/2013

I rested on the way to work today.  In the morning, I checked the Facebook and Twitter for the library.  The new computer lab assistant did some checking of the links on the website yesterday.

I did a little more weeding in the oversize books in preparation for the new shelving to be put in.  I also checked the displays and the gift books.  I am meeting with Ingram today to discuss their Ipage system for ordering books.

I spent a little time yesterday practicing on the Kindle Fire.  I am getting better at downloading music and handling ebooks.  This is something which we have to work at so we can help patrons a little better.

I spent a little time updating Bookletters today with new listings for fiction and nonfiction.

I spent some time going over Ipage today with the Ingram representative.  Ingram has a system for ebooks for libraries.  It was interesting.

I also spent a little time on planning for computer classes.

Web Bits

Resolving Public Libraries at Amazon
http://blogs.publishersweekly.com/blogs/PWxyz/2013/09/04/resolving-public-libraries-at-amazon/

No comments: