Monday, December 16, 2013

Daily Thoughts 12/16/2013

Daily Thoughts 12/16/2013

This morning on the way to work, I read some more of Junkyard Planet. I am reading about brass recycling in India.

I checked the Facebook and Twitter for the library this morning. I also checked the new book displays.

I put in an order with Ingram for bestselling fiction and nonfiction.

I spent some time weeding in the oversize books today. I still have quite a bit to do.

On the way home, I read some more of Junkyard Planet. I am reading about how many things which the United States considers waste are usable in less developed countries. For example, China refurbishes many of the industrial electric motors from the United States which are thrown away. There is also a secondary market for e-waste in China, India, and Africa where the objective is not necessarily to have the latest equipment, but to be able to have a computer that can go on the internet or a cell phone that works.

No comments: