Saturday, December 21, 2013

Daily Thoughts 12/21/2013

Sergey Solomko, Reading, 1895

Daily Thoughts 12/21/2013

I finished reading Without Their Permission How the 21st Century Will be Made, Not Managed by Alexis Ohanian. The last part of the book was about Alexis Ohanians political stand against SOPA Stop Online Piracy Act and PIPA Protect IP Act because they censored the internet and limited new internet startups.

I read another chapter in Running Book Discussion Groups. I am reading about how people run online book discussion groups.

Right now, I am sitting at my desk drinking tea with lemon and honey. Sometimes I drink coffee with milk.

This morning, I checked the Twitter and Facebook for the library.

I also did some shifting in the oversize books.

I worked some more on the Strategic Plan for my department today and discussed it a little more with my colleagues. I think I have a final report to hand in.

On the way home, I read a little bit of Strategy A History by Lawrence Freedman. The book is 751 pages long and is meant to be fairly comprehensive covering warfare, politics, and business. It reminds me a little bit of the book, On Politics: A History of Political Thought From Herodotus to the Present by Alan Ryan because of its comprehensiveness.

Web Bits

Chicago Public Library's New Website Goes Amazon

http://www.americanlibrariesmagazine.org/blog/chicago-public-library-s-new-website-goes-amazon

A Treasure House of Aspirations 'The Library Reimagined at the Huntington'

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/21/arts/design/the-library-re-imagined-at-the-huntington.html?partner=rssnyt&emc=rss&_r=0

No comments: