Thursday, January 8, 2015

Daily Thoughts 01/08/2015

Victor Hugo, 1879, Francisco Goya

Daily Thoughts 01/08/2015

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.


On the way to work, I read a little bit more of Leading The Life You Want.  I was reading about Michelle Obama and her dedication to nutrition and fitness.

I checked the displays and the gift books.  I added a few books that were new.  I also spent a little bit of time working on next weeks order of new books. There is a Firefighters Exam coming up.  I ordered a few more copies of the Barron's Firefighter Exam book.   People have until January 25, 2015 in Westchester to apply.  January is Financial Wellness Month which is part of the books being displayed.

I read two copies of Publishers Weekly.

I spent some time working with the oversize books.

There is a class on Google Docs tonight from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. in the Computer Lab.

I spent some time looking over the circulation statistics tonight.

I learned that we are getting Lynda.com the online video training service through Westchester Library System for our patrons.  This is an excellent tutorial service.  I have taken a variety of the classes.  They are a solid way to learn how to use Microsoft Office, about digital photography, and a variety of online skills.

Web Bits


Internet of Things Plan to Make Libraries and Museums Awesomer


Study Finds Reading to Children of All Ages Grooms Them to Read More On Their Own
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/08/us/study-finds-reading-to-children-of-all-ages-grooms-them-to-read-more-on-their-own.html?_r=1


No comments: