Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Daily Thoughts 12/12/2017


Portrait of Diego Martelli by Edgar Degas, 1879

Daily Thoughts 12/12/2017

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

On the way to work, I finished reading Winning Elections and Influencing Politicians for Library Funding by John Chrastka and Patrick PC Sweeney.  The last part was on how to do email for outreach and why Facebook was the most important platform in social media for publicity.

I checked the displays and the gift books.  I spent time talking to a variety of database vendors including ABC-Clio and Proquest.  I also talked with Overdrive about e-books.  There is a new streaming service coming in from the Westchester Library System called Kanopy.

We finished putting away some of the 800s today.  We have to work on shifting and reading the collection.

I spent a little time working on a grant.

I also spent some time on Give Gab today.

The Crochet Group met today from 2:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.

There is a Fundamentals of Computers class and a Beginning Microsoft Word class tonight

Web Bits.


Librareis are transforming Colombia's Machine Gun City






No comments: