Sunday, April 15, 2018

Daily Thoughts 04/15/2018

File:Fei Yigeng - Lady Writing Poetry - Walters 35101F.jpg
Fei Yigeng, Lady Writing Poetry, Between 1860 and 1880

Daily Thoughts 04/15/2018

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

Last night, I started reading Natural Causes An Epidemic of Wellness, The Certainty of Dying, and the Illusions of Control by Barbara Ehrenreich.

I read two of the essays in Sister Outside Essays and Speeches by Audre Lorde.  This is one of the books being read for the discussion series Litanies for Survive: Audre Lorde's Revolutionary Practice of Love A Four Part Reading and Discussion Program.  The essays were Poetry Is Not A Luxury and The Transformation of Silence Into Language and Action.

I read some more of Natural Causes at the laundromat.  I am reading about the rituals of going to the doctors office.

I checked the purchase alerts for items on hold today.

Web Bits


Why You Should Be taking Your Kids to the Library Regularly

A new strategy for reducing suspensions among kids who flock to the library after school

Future Trends for Libraries

No comments: