Thursday, August 9, 2018

Daily Thoughts 08/09/2018



Aristotle, Francesco Hayez, 1811

Daily Thoughts 08/09/2018

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I started reading Social Value Investing last night.  It is by Howard W. Buffett and William B. Eimecke.  Howard W. Buffett is the grandson of Warren Buffett.  Warren Buffett wrote an introduction to the book.  This book is about how to form partnerships between government, nonprofit organizations, and business.  The author is writing a framework for social value for supporting philanthrophy which pulls in both government and business.  It is an argument that many social problems require input from many different parts of society.  It takes some of the concepts in value investing and applies them to social problems.

I checked the displays and the gift books this morning.

I checked on the codrones which I ordered for a program.

I am also looking at a grant.

I checked on some lists which I plan on ordering from.

I checked out the book, Journal Me Organized The Complete Guide to Practical and Creative Planning by Rebecca Spooner.  I keep a journal where I write down what I plan to do each day.

We got some new lanyards today for badges.

I also spent some time discussing plans for programs for the rest of the year.

I am meeting to discuss signage with someone next week.

There is an Introduction to Microsoft Powerpoint 2013 class tonight in the computer lab from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.

Web Bits

August is Peak Advocacy Season
http://www.ilovelibraries.org/article/august-peak-season-advocacy


A Love Letter to My Former Library

UK Public Library Loans Show Dramatic Fall in the Last Two Years

No comments: