Thursday, May 2, 2013

Daily Thoughts 05/02/2013

An Old Scholar Reading in a Vaulted Room, 1631, Formerly Attributed to Rembrandt

Daily Thoughts 05/02/2013

This morning, I started reading Cooked A Natural History of Transformation by Michael Pollan.  He is writing about the civilizing influence of cooked food and how it is important to eat together as a family.

Last night, I finished reading Vote Yes for Libraries.  There is quite a bit on how to talk to and contact the media.  This includes how to deal with opposition in the media.  It also answers the question what do you do if you lose.

I checked the Twitter and Facebook for the library this morning.  I also checked the displays.  I spent a bit of time working on a display for National Inventors month which is May.  I also did a little weeding in the 900s.

The computer lab is open from 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.

I am considering getting the book, Professor Borges: A Course on English Literature by Jorge Luis Borges translated by Katherine Silva.  I like Jorge Luis Borges writing as well as his most excellent quotes about libraries like "I have always imagined paradise will be a kind of library" and Let others pride themselves about how many pages they have written; I'd rather boast about the ones I've read. 

Tomorrow is the Friends of the Library Book and Bake Sale.  Right now, the Friends of the Library are sorting the books and bringing them into the community room.  I look forward to having a cup of coffee, a few cookies, and buying a few books.


No comments: