Friday, May 17, 2013

Daily Thoughts 05/17/2013


Julius LeBlanc Stewart (1855-1919) Reading Aloud, c. 1883


Daily Thoughts 05/17/2013

This morning, I checked the social media for the library.  On the way to work, I started reading Give and Take by Adam Grant.  The author posits there are three types of people Givers, Takers, and Matchers.  This is how Givers do better for people.  It reminds me of the conservative idea of makers and takers or the old fashioned idea of builders and destroyers.

I spent a little time reading Black Expressions Book Club and Earlyword on the web.  I also spent a little time on the displays.  We are getting a steady stream of new adult books coming in.

I put the book, The Golem and the Jinni by Helene Wecker on hold.

Web Bits

Smartphones Have Bridged the Digital Divide
http://readwrite.com/2013/05/17/smartphones-have-bridged-the-digital-divide

No comments: