Monday, November 2, 2015

Daily Thoughts 11/02/2015

Reading lamp. Nautilus design  - Louis Comfort Tiffany
Reading Lamp, Nautilus Design, Louis Comfort Tiffany, 1899

Daily Thoughts 11/02/2015

I checked the library Facebook and Twitter this morning.

I read more of Mindware.  Right, now I am reading about opportunity costs and statistics.  There is a reminder that job interviews are not statistically accurate.

I checked the gift books and the displays this morning.

I spent some more time working with Booksite to make lists for new DVDs and CD Audiobooks.

I placed the book, Fast Food, Good Food, More Than 150 Quick and Easy Ways to Put Healthy, Delicious Food on the Table by Andrew Weil MD on hold.

I ordered some computer books to put in the computer lab.

I checked out If Someone Says "You Complete Me," RUN! Whoopi's Big Book of Relationships by Whoopi Goldberg.  It is being read for a book club on Thursday, November 19, 2015 from2:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.

I spent some time working on the December program schedule.  There are two beginning computer classes tonight, A Fundamentals of Computers class, and a Beginning Microsoft Word class in the computer lab.

I read some of If Someone Says "You Complete," RUN! on the train home.  I rather liked Whoopi Goldberg's take on popular romantic movies and music.  I don't watch a lot of romantic movies with the exception of animation like Cinderella, Mulan, or Beauty and the Beast.  I thought it was funny that she said that there are no Prince Charming's in the real world to save people.  The tone of the writing is light and funny.

Web Bits


Long Line at the Library?  Its Storytime Again.

America’s Star Libraries 2015

Future Library Will Open Its Door to Readers in the Year 2114





No comments: