Monday, November 23, 2015

Daily Thoughts 11/23/2015

















Tu Marcellis Eris, Jean Auguste Dominique Ingress, 1811-8201

Daily Thoughts 11/23/2015

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook.

I read some more of Creating a Learning Society on the train to work.  This is a new theory on economics.  It has some nonstandard ideas.  For example, the author argues that it is necessary for governments to control and intervene in some externalities in economics like pollution and final recessions.  It is not an argument for purely market based economics.  Learning includes things like research and development, innovation, training, and other activities.

I checked the gifts and the displays this morning.

I read a copy of the latest New York Times Book Review.

I spent some time working on programming.

I spent some time covering the computer lab today.   

Web Bits


Renewing the Library of Congress

Global Support for Principle of Free Expression, But Opposition to Some Forms of Speech—Pew Research Study


No comments: