Sunday, November 29, 2015

Daily Thoughts 11/29/2015

A penny for your thoughts...Dollars for your thoughts - NARA - 513735.tif
A Penny for Your Thoughts...Dollars for your Thoughts, NARA National Archives and Recoards Administration-- 51375, December 31, 1940, Public Domain

Daily Thoughts 11/29/2015

I read some more of Welcome to Night Vale.  In this novel, librarians are to be feared.  They are evil ghoulish creatures and the library is a place of fear.


I checked the Twitter and Facebook for the library.

I've decided to stop reading Creating A Learning Society by Joseph E. Stiglitz The concept of learning being internal to corporations and firms and directly related what you do in your work in a corporation is quite divorced from the work which I do as a librarian.  When I look in the index of the book, the word library, school, and university are not there.  There are three pages indexed on education.  It is a different view of how the world works.

I reactivated my Lynda.com account.  I am watching a training video on Management Tips.

Web Bits


For Obama, A New Shopping Haunt Upshur Street Books

Google. Facebook in Race to Build High Altitude Aircraft

Internet would be everywhere.  There are a few other things you can do with high altitude aircraft like high altitude wind and solar power.  Also near space telescopes are a possibility.  Near space is open for exploration.

Education is Not An Adequate Defense Against the Rise of the Robots
Learn to work with machines.

No comments: