Thursday, November 12, 2015

Daily Thoughts 11/12/2015



Leo Tolstoy reading - Ilya Repin
Leo Tolstoy Reading, Ilya Repin, 1891

Daily Thoughts 11/12/2015

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

The book, The Island of the Blessed by Nancy Farmer came in for me to read.  It is a young adult fantasy novel.

I checked the gift books and the displays today.

 I also spent some time working on setting up our Adult Games Night which is from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. today.  I pulled some books on games for people to look at.  On November 21, 2015 there is International Games Day at the Library from 12:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. for kids.  We received a few donations of games, including the game American Legacy Know Your History which is from the person who publishes American Legacy magazine which is focused on African American history.

I also contacted Better World Books about picking up books which are left over from the Friends of the Mount Vernon Public Library Book sale today.

I worked a bit on programming.  We are going to have a Valentines day jazz concert in February.

There was a Smart Phones Class tonight from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. in the computer lab.

On the way home, I read some more of Superforecasting.  I read about the concept of having an active open mind where you seek out opinions different than your own.  I also learned about the idea of having an inside view and an outside view of an event that may happen.



Web Bits


Broadband is Coming -- Is Your Library Ready?

Barnes and Noble has launched a Nook Audiobooks App

Video Game 'Fallout 4' Has Players Returning Overdue Library Books
A little bit disconcerting.


 

No comments: