Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Daily Thoughts 02/23/2016

File:Count Girolamo Nerli - Robert Louis Stevenson, 1850 - 1894. Essayist, poet and novelist - Google Art Project.jpg
Count Girolami Nerli, Robert Louis Stevenson, 1850-1894, Essayist, Poet, and novelist.

Daily Thoughts 02/23/2016

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook page this morning.

On the way to work, I read some more of Stoned.  I am reading about the Romanovs and the Russian Faberge eggs.

I checked the displays and the gift books.

I also worked a little bit on Bookletters with CD Audiobooks.

I checked out two books, Postcapitalism A Guide to Our Future by Paul Mason.   This should be interesting because it discusses issues like near zero margin goods like digital media where it costs very little to produce and can be infinitely replicated.  The other book which I checked out is Black Box Thinking Why Most People Never Learn From Their Mistakes-- But Some Do by Matthew Syed.

I spent some time selecting books to be moved to the main floor from the mezzanine.

I also discussed furniture with administration and talked with one of the people who report to me.  It is administrative activity.

I spent some time looking at the New York Review of Books and the Times Literary Supplemtnt.  I have a copy of the New York Times Book Review and the Baker and Taylor Forecast which I need to look through.

I read a bit more of Stoned on the way home.  I am reading about Kokichi Mikimoto the father of the modern Japanese cultured pearl industry.

Web Bits


$183 Million Reasons You Should Keep Track of the U.S. Budget Process
http://www.districtdispatch.org/2016/02/183-million-reasons-you-should-keep-track-of-the-u-s-budget-process/

Bridging A Digital Divide That Keeps Schoolchildren Behind

What Happens When Libraries Are Asked To Help the Homeless Find Shelter

The Unruly Pleasures of the Mid Manhattan Library


No comments: