Thursday, November 1, 2018

Daily Thoughts 11/01/2018


Illustration From the Love Story of Ursula Wolcott, Ethel Reed, 1895

Daily Thoughts 11/01/2018

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook.

Last night, I read some more of Who We Are And How We Got Here.  I am reading about how different populations of ancient humans intermixed and migrated.  Modern humans have DNA from several different ancient peoples including the denisovans and the neanderthals.  Homo Sapiens slowly pushed out and overwhelmed the other human species around 40,000 years ago.

I checked the displays and the gift books.

I spent some time checking the books that had to be mended.  I also spent some time going books that had cataloging issues.

I discussed ADP with a colleague.

I spent some time working in the public computer area.

There is a class on iPads today in the computer lab from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.

I am looking at the book, Exit Strategy by Martha Wells.  I also placed a hold on the book, Artificial Condition which is the second book in the series.




No comments: