Friday, November 16, 2018

Daily Thoughts 11/16/2018



File:Edouard Vuillard - Lucy Hessel Reading (Lucy Hessel lisant) - Google Art Project.jpg
Edouard Villard, Lucy Hessel Reading, 1913

Daily Thoughts 11/16/2018

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

Last night, I read some more of The Places That Scare You.  I read about a meditation exercise where you breathe in negativity and then breathe out positivity.

I also read some of The Organized Mind by Daniel J. Levitin.  I am reading about how people categorize each other.

I checked the displays and the gift books this morning.

I also spent some time checking the New York Times Bestseller List and the Publishers Weekly Bestseller List.  I also checked to see if we had the winners for the National Book Award.

I also checked the collection management sheet we keep at reference for book requests by patrons.

I spent some time checking duplicate titles.

I was at the public computers for an hour today.

I also spent a little time going over the ADP time system.

There is a new literacy program from the Westchester Library System called Read Better.

Web Bits



S.F. Public Library Serves As Refuge from Wildfire Smoke

Competitive Book Sorting Event Pits New York Library Workers Against Washington State

Rare Subscription Libraries Still Standing In South Carolina After Centuries


No comments: