Thursday, November 8, 2018

Daily Thoughts 11/08/2018

Monkey before skeleton, 1900 - Gabriel von Max
Monkey Before Skeleton, Gabriel Von Max, 1900

Daily Thoughts 11/08/2018

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I read more of Who We Are and How We Got Here.  I read about Africa and ancient DNA.  I am also reading about inequality and DNA.  There is a pattern where men of higher status pair up with women of lower status and have children.  This is across cultures.  People mix and populations disappear as well as migrate.  This is why it is very hard to track ancient DNA.  People change constantly.

I also read some more of Stop Workplace Drama.  I am reading about how people reinvent themselves to more readily fit with a leadership image.

I checked the gift books and the displays this morning.

I printed up some fliers for the Veterans Day Program tonight, A Spirit of Sacrifice: New York State in the First World War from 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. tonight.

I also printed fliers and bookmarks for a colleagues visit to the Professional Building on 11 West Prospect Place in Mount Vernon, New York.  We are having the Women's Enterprise Development Center on November 27 from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. in the Grace Greene Baker Community Room.

I spent some time going over Give Gab today.  We are working on a STEAM campaign for teens and tweens.

I also put in two orders for new books.

There is a Beginning iPhones class tonight from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. in the computer lab.

Web Bits


Amazon May Split Headquarters

New Course: Supercharged Storytimes

Leaving Dewey for BISAC

As Part of Ongoing Accessibility Effort Deerfield Library Offers Sensory Kits

No comments: