Friday, November 30, 2018

Daily Thoughts 11/30/2018

File:The dwarf Don Diego de Acedo, "El Primo". Oil painting by M. Wellcome V0017108.jpg
The dwarf Don Diego de Acedo, "El Primo". Oil painting by M. Pineda after Diego Velazquez de Silva.  Circa 1644.  

Daily Thoughts 11/30/2018

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I read some more of The Organized Mind last night.  I am reading about decisions on health based on probability.

I read some more of The Art Reading on the way home.  I am reading about how books became a necessity for the middle class.

I checked the gift books and the displays this morning.

I spent some time working with the biography books today.

I am also working on an order of business books.

I checked the New York Times Bestseller list and the Publishers Weekly Bestseller list as well.

I checked on the fiction books and the duplicate fiction titles today.

I spent a little time checking schedules.

The Friends of the Mount Vernon Public Library Book and Bake Sale was today from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m..  It is always nice to stop by and see the Friends of the Library.  They had done a successful paint and sip recently.  I visited them twice and had a cup of coffee on each visit.  I also had some brownies.  They will be at the library tomorrow, Saturday from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m..  I gave them some bookmarks for our Give Gab fundraiser tomorrow. https://www.givegab.com/campaigns/teen-computer-lab

Web Bits


Controlled Digital Lending Concepts Gains Ground

10 Takeaways for Libraries from the 2018 Midterms

Repurpose With a Purpose

Library of Congress Launches Crowdsourcing Platform

No comments: