Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Daily Thoughts 03/18/2020

Seated Man Reading a Newspaper
Seated Man Reading A Newspaper, Pablo Picasso, 1912

Daily Thoughts 03/18/2020

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

The Mount Vernon Public Library is now closed.

We have been asked to shelter in place.

I read some more of The Art of Memory.  I am reading about Ramism which is a style of memory focused on repetition and orderliness.

I also read some more of What We Talk About When We Talk About Books.  I am reading about how many people do not buy books to keep, but to share and sell to the next reader.

Web Bits



ALA Executive Board Recommends Closing Libraries to the Public

Amazon Deprioritizes Book Sales Amid Coronavirus Crisis

Major Indie Bookstores Layoff Hundreds

Coronavirus Can't Shut Down Libaries Online Offerings

Westchester Library System Coronavirus Information


No comments: