Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Thoughts for the Day

For a while, I thought of doing the M.S. in Publishing at New York University. There was originally a focus in electronic publishing which was what I was interested in. I even took the Introduction to Publishing course from NYU. One of the teachers there suggested I might want to go for the certificate program instead of the masters.

http://www.scps.nyu.edu/areas-of-study/publishing/graduate-programs/ms-publishing/index.html



Sheree Bykofsky taught the course. She is a literary agent. She wrote the book, The Complete Idiots Guide to Getting Published. It is not bad, if you want to learn a bit on how to get your book or manuscript published. I think it is a little bit better than How To Get Happily Published by Judith Applebaum. http://users.rcn.com/sheree.interport/



I have always been very interested in the publishing process. I think a lot about what it would take to create a content supersite. I have talked about this before. It is one of those pie in the sky ideas that I keep coming back to. It is one of the reasons I spend so much of my time online.

The idea of going back to school is daunting to me. It would eat up a lot of time and I am not sure if it would be worth it both financially and in terms of family times. I am not sure what I would do with the certificate or degree.

No comments: