Thursday, November 20, 2008

Good Morning, Good Evening



Good Morning

There is a new book on Neil Gaiman out, Prince of stories : the many worlds of Neil Gaiman by Hank Wagner. I am looking forward to reading it soon. I really enjoy Neil Gaiman's writing. I think it is better than his films. Neil Gaiman's graphic novel writing is also very interesting.

If I could put together a panel of interesting fantasy writers and put them in one room, I would put Cory Doctorow, Neil Gaiman, and Alan Moore as my first three choices right now. I really like their writing.

Good Evening

I dropped off my books at my local library and checked out a few more; The One Minute Organizer Plain & Simple 500 Tips For Getting Your Life In Order by Donna Smallin and The Complete Idiots Guide To Managing Your Time by Jeff Davidson.

I finished clearing off the top of my desk at work yesterday. Now, I have to go through my files and put them in better order tomorrow. It is a first step. It already has made things a little easier to do.

My house is starting to get a tiny bit better as well. It is going to take a little time. I feel like saying a platitude; the journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step.

Things have been getting a lot more expensive lately. I started clipping coupons this week and used my first $1 coupon for paper towels. I have a really hard time finding worthwhile coupons. I never clipped coupons before. Maybe, I'll learn something. Most coupons are for trash which I really don't need. I usually buy generic.

I found a funny little thing while I was searching the web, The Genuine Haiku Generator. It appears to be a program to randomly generate haiku. I rather like the idea of it. It is of course slightly ridiculous. Please try it out. http://www.everypoet.com/haiku/default.htm

3 comments:

NathanKP said...

Neil Gaiman is amazing. I recently reviewed a science fiction anthology that he contributed to. It was called:
"The Starry Rift - Tales of New Tomorrows," compiled by Jonathan Strahan.

You ought to read it. I think you would really enjoy it.

Nathan

Book Calendar said...

He is one of my favorite novel writers. I have mixed feelings about his movies.

NathanKP said...

I actually didn't know that he did movies. Interesting, you learn something new every day...

Nathan