Monday, November 24, 2008

Good Morning


A view from the balcony of Brooklyn Public Library. I remember this view well.

Good Morning

Today has been a day of small things. Taking care of all those little things that slip you by. Sending out things to your relatives, going produce shopping visiting the doctor, setting up an appointment for changing the oil in my car.

I have started reading The Green Collar Economy How One Solution Can Fix Our Two Biggest Problems by Van Jones. It has the feeling of a true believer writing for a cause. He is a member of the Apollo Alliance http://www.apolloalliance.org/ and has two web sites http://www.greenforall.com/ and http://www.vanjones.net/ . The idea is for a "Green New Deal."

Anyways, I think I am going to go up to my local library and drop off the books on organizing which I read earlier.

It was very quiet at my local library. I don't know why I am doing this. I guess I am obsessed with books. I picked up two dvds, Finding Neverland starring Johnny Depp and Kate Winslet. Finding Neverland is about James M. Berry the creator of the childrens story, Peter Pan. I rather like dramatic movies about writers. I reviewed Miss Potter about Beatrix Potter which was quite charming. I hope this is a very good movie.

The other movie which I picked up was A Scanner Darkly based on the Philip K. Dick novel. Philip K. Dick was a fantastic science fiction writer. He also was quite paranoid. He wrote Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep which was made into possibly the best science fiction film ever made Blade Runner. I am hoping this is also a very intriguing film.

I can't seem to avoid books on management. I picked up Why Some Companies Emerge Stronger And Better From A Crisis, 7 Essential Lessons For Surviving Disaster by Ian I. Mitroff. I hope the book is useful. We are going through quite a few changes at work.

After I went to the library, I went and saw the doctor. I lost another five pounds. I still have quite a ways to go. I am still following the Yoga RX books set of exercises for obesity. I doubled the repetitions because I know myself well enough to know that I am not going to do the exercises twice a day like the book suggests.

I am planning on going to the Museum of Comic and Cartoon Art so I can look at their library of graphic novels. I keep saying that I am going to do this. Hopefully, I actually will this time. Maybe on Wednesday.

No comments: