Saturday, November 29, 2008

Good Morning

van Gogh - Still Life with Bible



Good Morning



It is the weekend and I am up typing away this morning. I came across a rather interesting article from the New York times about personal bookshelves. At least, I found it interesting:
The Well Tended Bookshelf. http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/30/books/review/Miller-t.html?em .



Of course where would the New York Times be without books. I make it a point to read all of the books in my bookshelves. I am not one to fuss about eye tracks even for more expensive books. http://papercuts.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/03/21/bookshelf-etiquette/


Thus I open with two links to articles on bookshelves. Where would a library be without them. Just to be a little prickly, I am adding a quote by a famous author.



I would be most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves. Anna Quindlen

1 comment:

Sandra said...

Great post. I read both articles. Libraries are personal things and different for each person. I don't think there should be any real rules, except for shaming anyone who says they've read a book when they haven't. I'm enjoying your blog.