Saturday, November 15, 2008

Morning Thoughts


Paul Cezanne, Porträt Gustave Geffroy, 1895 . I think the painting looks timeless, it could be a professors or an academics office today.

Morning Thoughts


This morning I walked up to my local library. It was drizzling outside. I got there at 9:50 a.m. and the library was closed so I walked down to the fruit market and bought some cuccumbers, plum tomatos, plums, and a piece of watermelon. I also bought some shaving razors. I almost got caught in a downpour on the way back to the library. It left me standing outside Walgreens for about fifteen minutes waiting for the rain to stop.


When I got to the library, I looked around for books on scheduling. I thought it would be part of time management books in the management section of the library. I found out it was in books on organizational skills. I picked up a copy of Organizing For Dummies by Eileen Roth and Elizabeth Miles. I am not incredibly organized. I like organizing other peoples things more than I like organizing my own things. I've noticed this is a common trait among librarians.


I also picked up two other books, Iron Man Demon In A Bottle by David Micheline, Bob Layton, and John Romita Jr. and Winning: The Answers Confronting 74 of the Toughest Questions In Business Today, Jack & Suzy Welch. Jack Welch was known as "Neutron Jack" because between 1981-1985 he fired over 100,000 people at General Electric.

I have started reading the Winning: The Answers. Each chapter begins with a question, followed by a short discussion of the answer to the question. I like the book so far because it is very straightforward.

2 comments:

The Budgeting Diva said...

I love this Cezanne painting.

Book Calendar said...

Thanks, I like to look up old images in the public domain and post them to the blog.